Thursday, April 4, 2013

Not sure what to title this...

Wow! Where do I start!!

School
On Thursday morning I had a meeting with 2 members of my graduate committee. I would like to think it went okay, but I had honestly never felt so broken down in my life! I never knew earning a Ph.D. was so hard! I knew it wasnt going to be easy, but wow!! I have a realistic point of view, I want to do research that farmers will find useful. My hope is that they would adopt my new practice because it can benefit them in terms of profit! This is not "science" though. They basically told me that those ideas are great for Extension, but not "science-y" enough for a Ph.D. I guess that's why I'm a good Extension Agent. I do appreciate their point of view, and I know that they are here to make me a stronger, better and more well rounded person. I think once I can get my project off the ground, I can run with it. But getting started is hard! Its more difficult for me because I'm a non-traditional student. Most other students are on campus 8 hours per day and that is their job. I have honestly wondered if I can even do this! But as my adviser and I agree, I am to stubborn and determined to quit. Anywho, Im feeling much better about it and I know I can do it!!

Work
I am really excited!! I was chosen to be the female chaperone for National 4-H Conference! I will be taking kids from across the state of Texas to Washington D.C.!! I feel very honored to be chosen to attend this trip! I feel like I have had so many great opportunities in the past 2 years. Last year, I chaperoned our district 4-Hers to Texas 4-H Congress. I will also be attending Prime Time again this year. This is really special to me, because I went to Prime Time as a kid. I love watching our kids grow and develop their personalities and skills!

Im looking forward to May, I'm ready to get my cotton trials planted. I love going out and gathering data from our plots. I think it is important that I continue to provide our producers with information on the many cotton varieties available. Tomorrow is the PCG Annual Meeting. I'm looking forward to this as well. Plains Cotton Growers are so supportive of our organization and the work that we do.

I am so incredibly blessed to have a wonderful career!

Health
I had my pre-opp appointment with the RE today. I knew it was going to be expensive but OUCH!! I hadn't met my deductible yet, so my portion was $917! I'm sure glad that we have a savings account! This is just the cost of the doctor. I have no idea what the hospital/anesthesia and operating room will cost! I will have surgery after I get home from Washington D.C. on the 17th.

Random
We are still using Plexus Slim & we still love it! I love that so many of our friends are trying it!

I started playing Candy Crush Saga... There has never been another game that I love/hate so much!!! GRR! I swear its rigged, but I hate to lose.. Im determined to beat those levels WITHOUT giving them any money!

I have an exam to do on the plane to DC. I must do the test and NOT play candy crush! haha

I haven't done my reports for work yet, I have a few more days. Feeling like a major procrastinator.

Life is good! We are blessed!

No comments: